Saturday, November 10, 2012

"You've Got A Friend In Me"


Friends...well I've had some come and go in my life but as I've gotten older I have also found out who my true friends are. The one's who have been there in the worst of times and the best; those I will never forget nor would want to.

  • My first friend -
    • Raymond: I knew him when I was in Head Start. We were the best of friends. He lived in the same town as I did so that made it easier. However, he moved away one day and I haven't talked to him since. It's been over twenty years and I am still trying to find him. Unfortunately, it's been difficult because I don't know his last name. I have a few photos from when we were in HS together but that is about it. I just wonder what happened to him.
  • My oldest friend -
    • Nolan: We've known each other since kindergarten and are still in touch to this day. He's seen me at some pretty low spots and some high. Although we live miles apart our friendship is still pretty solid. 
  • My newest friend -
    • Scott: He knows just about everything about me. We are two peas in a pod and I wouldn't want it any other way. We've only known each other for a few years, but it's almost like we've known each other our whole lives. He's seen me at my lowest and has been there for me in some very rough times. I miss him a lot and it's not easy to keep in touch as we both work a lot. I do try though. We at least message on Facebook and text as often as possible. He's my rock. He's my favorite.
  • My closest friend -
    • Jeff: We met in college. He was actually one of the residents in my building my second year as an RA. We had an instant bond. He was one who could always make me laugh and kept me on my toes. I love that about him. We have a lot in common so it's easy for us to keep in touch. We're always texting each other of messaging on Facebook with some news about recent events in movies or music. We've also been there for each other through some very rough times. He is my FSB (Funshine Bear) and I am his LAB (Laugh-a-lot Bear). 
  • My not-so-much-of-a-friend friend -
    • Kaitlyn: We were inseparable in college. We had a lot in common and did almost everything together. She was a year ahead of me, but even after she graduated we kept in touch. However more recently we've lost our connection. We still talk from time to time but it's distant and not a solid connection as it once were. I do miss the friendship that we had, but I'm also okay with where things have gone. We're just two different people now.
  • My sister -
    • Samantha: When we were little we had a great friendship. Throughout adolescence it was horrible. Luckily it has been able to get better. We've become closer through the years and I am thankful for that. I'm glad that I have someone constant in my life who will always be there. We may not always get along now, but we love each other and know that we'll be able to work through whatever differences we have.
I am thankful for all of the people listed above and the experiences, as well as lessons that they've taught me. I am also thankful for the people who I have met in the past and who I continue to meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment