Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Freedom isn't free, it comes at a price

Day six of Thanks: Freedom.


I am thankful for freedom because it has allowed me to be an individual. Although, I don't believe we necessarily have as much freedom today as we've had in the past. I think technology has had a hand in this. Conversations are no longer private. Pictures and videos can be shared instantly. You never know when someone is watching. Our freedom has come at a price - our own.

Although I am thankful for the changes that have been made and advancements that have helped our country move forward; I do believe we need to evaluate how much technology can do for us and how much it can hinder our experiences. I admit, I am one who is addicted to social networks and being "in the know", but that's because I'm an introvert and feel much more comfortable behind a screen then in front of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment