Monday, November 12, 2012

"Success without a passion, is empty."



A song that has always stuck out to me is, "Defined By Your Desire" by the band Don't Look Down because I believe they've stated it best:

"All the money in the world, don't mean a thing,
If this heart stops pounding.
Success without a passion, is empty."

Growing up children have dreams of being rich and famous, having a good life, or fulfilling it with items and things. However, what does being rich and famous mean? What is a good life? Of course, when it comes to being rich and famous people automatically think of celebrities or athletes  But what about the people who may not be financial rich, but have richness in their lives by what they do with their time and who they associate with? As a nation we're so obsessed with money and possessions  When these things go away, what are we left with? I miss the days when people focused more on their relationships then what they needed to buy someone to get their attention. I miss the connection you had with someone over the times you spent doing nothing together. We do not get to take possession or money with us when we die, so why are they/is it so important when we are alive? I know, I am guilty of it as well. I want to buy things. I want to have items that may be a bit expensive, but I would like to think that my life has a bit more balance to it. I hope I'm not one who ends up with having a lot of things in the end and no one there. As the song lyrics state, "success without a passion, is empty", I believe that. If people are just running for success to obtain the payout in the end - they're doing it for the wrong reasons.

I am thankful that I am not always driven by money. I am thankful that I may not have many things, or the top of the line item, but I do have family, friends, and relationships that - to me - are worth more than any amount of money will ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment